Saturday, August 13, 2011

bad, bad blogger. and a cute DIY

That's me. I've been a terrible blogger lately. Last week was our first week back for teachers and to say I've been busy would be an understatement. However, my classroom looks better than ever and I {kinda} feel ready for the little kiddos to come on Monday. I'll post pictures of the room later.

On to the DIY project.


I actually made these cute nautical rope things a while back, but kinda forgot about posting about them. They're bigger than they look in the picture.  I first saw something similar to these on a wall in a restaurant downtown Charleston. They were so cute and I knew they'd be super easy to make. I was right.

What You'll Need
cardboard
rope (really cheap from Lowe's)
hot glue
scissors

All you do to make these is hot glue the rope down in a spiral onto a piece of cardboard. Then, cut the cardboard so that you cannot see it behind the rope. To hang it, hot glue a picture hanging hook to the back. That's it! You do have to hot glue the rope in sections and hold it down so that it stays in the tight circle. 
I made three total, all different sizes. And I'll probably make more for our guest bedroom.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I agree with you I been super busy getting the school year started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those would make really cute hot plates for the table.

    ReplyDelete