Saturday, January 26, 2013

just the highlights

Yes, it has been a while. Instead of a long, boring post catching you up on what's been going on in our household, here are just the highlights of my little blog hiatus.

1.  We took a long weekend and spent some time in Brevard, Asheville, and Lake Lure, North Carolina.
Looking Glass Falls, Brevard NC 
Fly Fishing on the Davidson, Brevard NC
Chimney Rock, where they filmed The Last of the Mohicans.
Drinks at The Grove Park Inn, Asheville NC

2.  Spent Christmas in Summerville with my side of the family this year (we alternate every year).
snuggling with Birdie and her two ornaments she repeatedly stole off the tree.
Christmas morning beignets (ignore the no-makeup morning look)
Lucy helping G open his presents.
Lucy got a dollhouse
Christmas dinner: Frogmore Stew
3.  I went to my 10 year high school reunion. While it wasn't quite the turnout we expected, we had fun nonetheless. My bff Katie planned it and she did a great job. It was great to see some old high school buddies that I don't get to see often.
Katie, me, and softball buddies Alison and Erin

4. I'm taking a graduate course on Nature and Needs of the Gifted Student. Of course, my main reason for taking this course is for recertification points, but I am really enjoying it. I'm learning so much about gifted students and their needs. It is opening my eyes to the needs of gifted students, and the consequences we, and they, face when their needs are not met.



5.  My cousin, Blair, and her two children, Nate (6) and Emery (2), came to visit us last weekend. My Aunt Nita came, also. I love my family so much and love when they come to visit. We had a blast, and Lucy was so happy to see her cousins!

Nate at the park in the Lattimore jersey we got him for Christmas.
Lucy and Emery snappin' green beans for supper.
Cousins at Perfectly Frank's (as seen on Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives)
red boots and curious george!

6.  My brother coaches varsity girls basketball at Summerville High School and just got his 50th win last night!  I am so proud of my big bro!

Sweet daddy & daughter moment after a game.


7.  I'm becoming an aunt to another baby girl in April. I am so excited! There are a few name choices they are deciding on, but Lucy's first pick was "Laundry."
Dr. Lucy will be delivering the baby :)


8.  I got crafty with my nails.
The color looks better in person (Essie "sand tropex" with "cute as a button" polka dots)


Okay, so maybe this wasn't a short post, but there was a lot to catch you up! And maybe #8 wasn't really a highlight, but I'm pretty proud of my first "nail art" attempt and wanted to brag a little.

I promise to talk to you all again soon...


2 comments:

  1. i love love love your hair. it makes me want to cut mine short again! who cuts yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the nail art! I always have to cheat and use the stickers or for polka dots a q-tip.

    ReplyDelete