Sunday, February 24, 2013

3 Ingredient Breakfast "Cookies"


 I am really bad about skipping breakfast. I know it's the most important meal of the day, and ironically, it is my favorite meal. Most mornings I just don't seem to have the time to sit down to enjoy a healthy meal to start my day. These little guys have helped tremendously. I eat one of these every morning on my way to work, along with a boiled egg. That grosses some people out, but I love boiled eggs! And all that protein keeps me full and energized until lunch time. As a teacher, it is impossible to snack between meals, so I need filling yet healthy meals that will keep me going.

I originally found this recipe on Pinterest, but changed it just a bit. The original recipe called for 2 bananas and no peanut butter. I only had one banana, and thought peanut butter would be a delicious substitute. These are so easy to whip up on a Sunday night and will last throughout the week. I kept mine in a sealed baggie at room temp and they tasted as good on Friday as they did Monday.


Makes about 7-8 cookies

1 cup quick cooking oats
1 ripe banana
about 1/2 cup peanut butter
*optional: chocolate chips

1. Place all three ingredients in a bowl. 

2. Using a fork, mash the banana and peanut butter until completely mixed into the oats. 

3.  Form into about 1 in. balls and slightly flatten onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. If using chocolate chips (or blueberries might be yummy), add a few to each cookie.

5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.


I used The Bee's Knees, by Peanut Butter & Co. (and it truly is the bees knees). The added sweetness of the honey really adds to the flavor of the cookies. If you don't use this kind of peanut butter, you could add a tablespoon or so of honey, if desired.



5 comments:

  1. I do not like to eat breakfast until about an hour after I wake up and I like to eat on my way to school! This is an answer to my problem!

    Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely going in my cookie jar. Love cookies. Got my eye on your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to give Aneeth this recipe or make them for him. Always good to have alternatives that are room-temp and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds good and is gluten free, too. Thanks for the recipe. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need more blog posts!

    ReplyDelete